Self-love is the total acceptance of yourself as inherently lovable — it is an embodied perspective of positive regard toward your own being. Love, empathy, compassion, support, and acceptance are emotions you can direct both outward toward others and inward toward yourself.
Just as you can recognize the beauty, lovability, and inherent value of other people in your life, you can recognize your own beauty, lovability, and inherent value. When you love yourself, you’ve internalized the belief that you are worthy, valuable, and inherently lovable. You essentially like and deeply accept who you are.
Having positive regard for yourself has many benefits. Self-worth, self-compassion, and self-esteem are related to how you silently talk to yourself, and the energy and content of that silent self-talk (subconscious programming) come from your level of self-love and self-acceptance.
The choices and decisions you make about yourself and others are also different when you have a strong foundation in self-love and self-acceptance. Whether in your relationships, career, health, or finances, you choose differently when you have an embodied perspective that affirms that you are inherently lovable.
The Vibration of Love
What you express and expect in life changes with a strong foundation of self-love and self-acceptance. The vibration of love is positive — the energy of love is a highly ordered and coherent waveform.
When you daily affirm your lovability, you are tuning and attuning to this highly ordered coherent energy, and you are programming your subconscious with more harmonic and resonant belief patterns.
Your overall vibration is a function of your worldviews and all the beliefs you have internalized about yourself, others, and the world or Universe at large. Updating key beliefs like self-love is a very effective strategy when you want to raise your vibration and expand your consciousness.
Using Self-Love Affirmations to Update Your Subconscious Programs
You can internalize the belief that you are lovable by using affirmations specifically focused on increasing your felt level of love toward yourself. Affirmations are a great way to internalize new thoughts.
Repeated use of affirmations helps you reach your subconscious — the level of mind that stores your automatic habits of thought. Your current level of self-acceptance and your automatic thoughts on your lovability are stored at the subconscious level.
When you repeat and rehearse new thoughts on your worth, value, and lovability for an extended period of time, they start to become internalized beliefs at the subconscious level.
Using affirmations for self-love daily can help you increase the positive energy you direct toward yourself, and it will ultimately help you develop the internalized perspective that you are lovable, always have been, and always will be.
25 Affirmations for Self-love to Rehearse Daily
Repeat the following affirmations daily to develop and reinforce a loving view of yourself.
1. I am acceptable just as I am.
2. I respect myself.
3. I am lovable, just as I am.
4. The Universe loves me because I am lovable.
5. I was born lovable.
6. Life (the Universe) created me as a lovable person.
7. It’s healthy for me to like, love, and accept myself.
8. I frequently have positive thoughts and feelings about my capabilities in life.
9. I fully embrace my worth as a person.
10. My worth is non-negotiable and doesn’t need to be earned.
11. My lovability is undebatable.
12. I know that my value and worth are on an equal plane to many others.
13. I know I am lovable simply because I am a human being.
14. I am as lovable as a puppy or kitten.
15. I am at ease with who I am.
16. I love and accept myself even when I make mistakes.
17. I know I'm lovable even when I don't get things right.
18. I regularly feel satisfied with who I am.
19. I recognize and embrace the many good qualities I already have.
20. I am proud of myself.
21. I keep a positive attitude toward myself most of the time.
22. I believe in my ability to become who I choose to become.
23. I believe in my ability to learn and grow.
24. I am enough.
25. I am loved because I am loved, that is all the reason needed for loving.
You can read or write these affirmations every day or record them as audio to listen to them daily. Repetition is an essential pathway to developing, strengthening, and reinforcing the internalization of these new thoughts. Repeat each affirmation three to five times. Give yourself the felt experience that each phrase and statement offers. Practice consistently for 60 to 90 days to start, and you’ll see, feel, and experience an increased sense of lovability.
Want to pin these self-love affirmations to your Pinterest board or print them off?
Kidest OM is a manifestation author and teacher with indispensable books and online courses designed to help you attract and manifest what you want. Her books include "Anything You Want" and "Nothing in the Way: Clearing the Paths to Success & Fulfilment" which are available globally in eBook, print, and audiobook on her website and through online book retailers.